This article does not have any images. You can make it better by adding some.
Transformer Units are structures that can be found in the three cities on the Kin Reimagined Map: Kin, Vernal, and Hark.
Transformer Units have one use and that is to "light" up the city. When you turn the power on, all the street lamps in either of the towns will light up, illuminating the said town. You can also destroy the transformer units by shooting it a few times; the unit then cannot be activated until repairs are made. The lights above the lever can tell you if the unit is turned on or off; if the green light is lit, then the power is on. If the red light is on, the power is off. The lever can be switched on and off by using the "interact" tool on the lever handle; there should be a short animaton where the lever handle glides to the opposite end of the slits and the light should change colour.
This is not a recommended base, but it's not discouraged either. It is easy to fortify, food and drink are across from you, and (a) military tent(s) is/are just a walk away. But cities are major looting spots for bandits and survivors, and being caught in the act of gathering supplies can be deadly. It can be dangerous to make a base in one of these, as the places they are located are all player hotspots.
- Though they light up the streets, the transformer units do not power lights in buildings.
- Transformer Units often spawn supplies near the lever, such as Model 625 Revolvers, food, drinks, and the occasional crowbar. They also spawn supplies near the entrance, but never in between the walls and the units themselves.
- In Kin, if the lights are on and Subject 3 has spawned or is spawning, the lights will turn red.
- It is said that if you turn transformers off and then back on, or on then back off, Patient Zero will target you more often.
- If you worry about bandits, you should turn the lights off so they will have a hard time finding you at night.