6 bodyshots, 5 headshots
Civilian spawn points
The M1911 is a civilian grade sidearm that is found in Apocalypse Rising.
The M1911 was designed in 1911 by gun designer John Browning. The main manufacturer of the sidearm is the Colt's Manufacturing Company which has produced more than 2.5 million M1911's since 1911. Many copies of the weapon have been made but only 3 US made variants have been designed so far, that being the A1, A2, and the M15. The sidearm proved to be a very effective PDW in military service and is being used today within law enforcement agencies and SOCOM users.
The M1911 is a civilian grade sidearm that fires powerful .45 ACP rounds stored in 7 round magazines. The sidearm operates on a short recoil operation for the .45. Barrel length for the GM variant is 5.03 in and the CM variant is 4.25 in. The M1911 is usually recommended to be used within close quarters since damage peaks at CQC situations. The pistol itself fires rounds so powerful, that they are capable of eliminating a military zombie wearing a helmet with only one shot to the head instead of a barrage of them with other pistols. Recoil is usually moderate and noise levels are quite loud, not recommended to be used as a stealth weapon. The weapon is also very limited to attachments, as for barrel modifications are the only available option. Overall this, the M1911 is guaranteed to provide you with the best protection if used correctly in the appropriate situation.
- The M1911 was the first gun to be added to the game, and .45 ACP was the first ammunition.
- The M1911 was designed by John Moses Browning, mass produced by COLT and used by every branches of the civilian security and the military until 1985. It is one of the service weapon who has been in service the longest amount of time in the history of the modern firearms, (1885 and beyond). The one weapon who has been in service for the longest time in any army is the anti-material, heavy machine .50 caliber M2, again created by Browning. Adopted in 1933 and still in service today in a ridiculous amount of forces all over the world.
- The M1911 was replaced in real life by the M9 Beretta, who's also in Apocalypse Rising, because it had better over all stats, multiple reasons and also, easier to use. Yet again, it lasted for 70 years. Still a big classic today.
- The side arms has proven its role in the military, when you are out of ammo, it's always better to switch weapon to a side arm that's very effective in close range instead of being vulnerable while reloading. So much that during the World War Two (1939 - 1945), the "Japs" would pick up the M1911 and its ammo off the dead bodies of the Americans to use them.
- There is still a massive controversy to figure out which one between the 9 x 19mm and the .45 ACP is the best round. Not only in real life, but in the video games as well. Many players claim that sometimes, the more firepower you can generate is the best. Some others think that the accuracy in a weapon is a lot more important.